1. MS-13 Gang Member Smuggles Himself and Child into U.S. – On May 2, 2018, Border Patrol apprehended an adult male who was traveling with his one-year-old son. He is a known MS-13 gang member who was previously removed from the country in 2012. The minor child was released to his uncle.
2. MS-13 Gang Member Who Posed as ‘Unaccompanied Minor’ Accused of Murder – On December 7, 2013, Border Patrol apprehended an unaccompanied alien child. He was given a Notice to Appear and released into the interior of the United States. On September 2016, the subject was one of 11 MS-13 gang members involved in the killing of teenage girls in Long Island, NY.
3. MS-13 Gang Member Uses Her Child to Try to Enter U.S. Illegally – On May 1, 2018, Border Patrol apprehended a known female MS-13 gang member, who was traveling with her minor daughter. After being processed, both mother and child were released under their own recognizance on May 19, 2018.
4. MS-13 Gang Member Enters U.S. Illegally as ‘Unaccompanied Minor’ – On December 31, 2014, Border Patrol apprehended an unaccompanied alien child. He was given a Notice to Appear and released into the interior of the United States. In July 2017, the subject was a known MS-13 gang member and was listed on the State of Texas’s ten most wanted fugitives list by the Texas Department of Public Safety. He was located and arrested in Virginia and is currently awaiting trial for the murder of two subjects in Houston.
5. MS-13 Gang Member Brings Child to Border, Gets Released – On May 9, 2018, Border Patrol apprehended a known female MS-13 gang member who was traveling with her minor daughter. After being processed, both mother and child were released under their own recognizance on June 4, 2018.
6. ‘Unaccompanied Minor’ Arrested in MS-13 Gang Murder– On May 13, 2015, Border Patrol apprehended an unaccompanied alien child. He was given a Notice to Appear and released into the interior of the United States. On November 2017, the subject was arrested in connection to an MS-13 related killing of a man who was stabbed over 100 times and decapitated near a Maryland Park.
7. Previously Deported Illegal Alien Rapist Used Immigration Loophole to try to Re-enter U.S. – On June 15, 2018, Border Patrol apprehended an adult male from El Salvador who had previously been removed the country in 2009. The man had been charged and convicted of rape in the U.S. and was sentenced to 15 years in prison with five years suspended. He was accompanied by his 7-year-old daughter. Due to the father’s criminal history, the child is considered aUAC and was processed accordingly.
8. MS-13 Gang Member Uses Her Child to Try to Enter U.S. Illegally – On March 22, 2018, Border Patrol apprehended a known MS-13 female with an active arrest warrant, who arrived at the border with her minor son claiming credible fear. There is currently an active arrest warrant for known association with aTerrorist Organization issued by the Justice of the Peace of Acajutla, El Salvador, Sonsonate on December 13, 2016. The known MS-13 member is currently in custody pending a hearing scheduled for 6/26/18. The child remains in ORR custody.
9. MS-13 Gang Member Brings Child to Border, Gets Released – On December 29, 2017, Border Patrol apprehended a known female MS-13 gang member, who was traveling with her minor son. After being processed, both mother and child were released under their own recognizance on January 19, 2018.
*North Korea erasing most anti-US propaganda:
Nix the nuclear warheads, cue the doves. The North Korean government is erasing much of its anti-U.S. propaganda following dictator Kim Jong-un’s forays onto the world stage. Gone are the posters depicting the U.S. as a “rotten, diseased, pirate nation” and promising “merciless revenge” on American forces for an imagined attack on the totalitarian country. In their place are cheery messages touting praising the prospects for Korean reunification and the declaration Kim signed in April with South Korean President Moon Jae-in promising “lasting peace,” according to reports. Still the most isolated country in the world, very few North Koreans have access to news and information from the outside world. So state propaganda plays a huge role in shaping their views.
*Trump Administration- We Know Location of All Separated Kids:
Amid widespread reports of migrant children getting lost in the system after being separated from their families at the U.S. border, the Trump administration on Saturday said it knows the location of all the children in its facilities “and is working to reunite them.” The Department of Homeland Security said in a fact sheet released late Saturday that children held in facilities operated by the Department of Health and Human Services are given ample opportunity to communicate with their parents or relatives, provided the parents are “vetted.” Of the 2,053 separated minors currently held in HHS facilities, the agency said, 17 percent were placed there under President Trump’s zero-tolerance policy, while 83 percent were deemed to be unaccompanied minors. “There will be a small number of children who were separated for reasons other than zero tolerance that will remain separated: generally only if the familial relationship cannot be confirmed,” the agency said. Immigration advocacy groups have warned that children who travel to the U.S. with family members are routinely deemed “unaccompanied” once the adult they are with is charged for unlawfully entering the country.
*9-Year-Old Bulldog Zsa Zsa Crowned ‘World’s Ugliest Dog’:
A 9-year-old English bulldog with an abnormally droopy tongue and protruding teeth has been crowned as the World’s Ugliest Dog in 2018. Zsa Zsa, who survived five years in a Missouri puppy mill before her walk on the red carpet, beat out 13 other challengers to claim the title at the contest in Petaluma, California on Saturday night. Most of the dogs in the competition were rescued from puppy mills or shelters, and their walk in the spotlight is meant to celebrate their resilience and encourage pet adoption. Zsa Zsa’s owner, Megan Brainard, told The New York Times she’d named the dog after the Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor as a tribute to her strength. “She’s just so ugly she’s beautiful,” Brainard said. Brainard said she believed Zsa Zsa had made her mark on the judges with an impromptu snack session. “She was eating part of a Slim Jim on the table and just sneezed all over them and was drooling on them,” she said.
*Saudi Woman Races Formula One Car as Ban on Female Drivers Is Lifted:
Aseel Al-Hamad, the first female member of the Saudi Arabian Motorsport Federation, hit the Le Castellet circuit in France on Sunday to mark the end of a driving ban on women at home. After performing a lap on the track in a Lotus Renault E20 ahead of the French Grand Prix, Al-Hamad said sitting behind the wheel of a Formula One car “goes even beyond my dreams and what I thought was possible.” “I hope doing so on the day when women can drive on the roads in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shows what you can do if you have the passion and spirit to dream,” she said in a statement. Saudi Arabian women took to the roads just minutes after the decades-long driving ban was lifted at midnight. The world’s last ban on female drivers, it was ordered to be abolished by King Salmanlast fall as part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s reform drive.
*As Critics Assail Trump, His Supporters Dig In Deeper:
In interviews across the country over the last few days, dozens of Trump voters, as well as pollsters and strategists, described something like a bonding experience with the president that happens each time Republicans have to answer a now-familiar question: “How can you possibly still support this man?” Their resilience suggests a level of unity among Republicans that could help mitigate Mr. Trump’s low overall approval ratings and aid his party’s chances of keeping control of the House of Representatives in November. “He’s not a perfect guy; he does some stupid stuff,” said Tony Schrantz, 50, of Lino Lakes, Minn., the owner of a water systems leak detection business. “But when they’re hounding him all the time it just gets old. Give the guy a little.” Republican voters repeatedly described an instinctive, protective response to the president, and their support has grown in recent months: Mr. Trump’s approval rating among Republicans is now about 90 percent. And while polling has yet to capture the effect of the last week’s immigration controversy, the only modern Republican president more popular with his party than Mr. Trump at this point in his first term, according to Gallup, was George W. Bush after the country united in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks.
*‘Catfish’ resumes filming after Nev Schulman misconduct allegations found ‘not credible’- MTV:
After halting production in May after “Catfish” host and executive producer Nev Schulman was accused of sexual misconduct, MTV has resumed production of the reality show after an investigation found the claims to be “not credible and without merit.” “Although we never received a formal complaint, MTV and Critical Content immediately engaged an independent third party investigator,” said MTV in a statement given to Deadline. “The independent investigator found the allegations made in the YouTube videos to be not credible and without merit.” The statement continues, “Given the results of the investigation, ‘Catfish’ will resume filming. We take these matters very seriously and are committed to providing a safe working environment.”
*Italy says ‘arrogant’ France risks becoming ‘No.1 enemy’ on migration:
Italy on Saturday said “arrogant” France risked becoming its “No.1 enemy” on migration issues, a day before European leaders convene in Brussels for a hastily arranged meeting on the divisive issue. In answer to comments by French PresidentEmmanuel Macron, who said migration flows towards Europe had reduced compared with a few years ago, Italy’s Deputy Prime Minister Luigi Di Maio said Macron’s words showed he was out of touch with reality.
*WHO READS LBN? Elle Chyun and Michael Gillman, both passionate www.LBNElert.com readers, were married May 17at Bethel Gospel Assembly Church in Harlem.
1. Ultimately every living thing can trace its ancestry to a bacterium that lived billions of years ago.
2. Bears, seals, and dogs are closely related carnivores but are on a different branch of the evolutionary tree than cats and hyenas.
3. Some snakes have hipbones, which shows they once had four legs like lizards, their close cousins.
4. Inside some whales and dolphins are small bones that show they once had back legs and that their ancestors walked on land. These occasionally reappear as tiny rear flippers.
5. Birds evolved from dinosaurs and both are descended from reptiles. The closest living reptilian relation of a bird is the crocodile.
*WHO READS LBN? Four (4) members of Senator Elizabeth Warren’s staff along with influencers in all 50 of the United States and 26 foreign countries. ***3 Nobel Prize winners ***12 members of the White House staff ***Over 100Academy Award winners ***6 U.S. Senators ***Over 300Grammy Award winners.
*LBN-BUSINESS INSIDER: ***As Facebook sought to become the world’s dominant social media service, it struck agreements allowing phone and other device makers access to vast amounts of its users’ personal information. Facebook has reached data-sharing partnerships with at least 60 device makers — including Apple, Amazon, BlackBerry, Microsoftand Samsung — over the last decade, starting before Facebook apps were widely available on smartphones, company officials said. The deals allowed Facebook to expand its reach and let device makers offer customers popular features of the social network, such as messaging, “like” buttons and address books. But the partnerships, whose scope has not previously been reported, raise concerns about the company’s privacy protections and compliance with a 2011 consent decree with the Federal Trade Commission. Facebook allowed the device companies access to the data of users’ friends without their explicit consent, even after declaring that it would no longer share such information with outsiders. Some device makers could retrieve personal information even from users’ friends who believed they had barred any sharing,The New York Times found.
*LBN-INVESTIGATES: The DMZ (demilitarized zone) along the 38th parallel is the most heavily guarded border in the world.
*LBN-NOTICED: Michael Bolton with Lawrence Scott andRosanna Scotto at Fresco By Scotto discussing the upcoming “Evening Under The Stars” Aug. 18
*LBN-SPORTS INSIDER: ***Cristiano Ronaldo scores again! The soccer star, 33, has netted four World Cup goals over the past week and a half, as his Portuguese squad defeated Morocco 1-0 and tied Spain 3-3. But his numbers were upstaged by a diamond — an $815,000 Cartier whopper his girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez, sported during the Morocco match, held in Moscow. The jewelry sparked rumors that the duo are engaged. Meanwhile, a photo from Gran Canaria’s Fashion Week, of Rodriguez in a figure-hugging skirt, fueled speculation of a baby bump.
*LBN-MUSIC INSIDER: ***Janet Jackson gave an emotional speech thanking her dad, who we’re told is in the end stages of terminal cancer. Janet appeared Friday night at the 2018 Radio Disney Music Awards and received the Impact Award. During her speech, she thanked mom Katherine for “the most extravagant love imaginable,” and then thanked Joe, whom she says “drove me to be the best that I can.” Joe was hospitalized last week with terminal cancer. His wife Katherine, along with various other relatives including his children and grandchildren, paid visits.
*LBN-VIDEO LINK: Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke
*LBN-COMMENTARY by Maureen Dowd: It was Ivanka’s nightmare. Sipping vodka under chandeliers in a cool private club on the Lower East Side, the New York elite — the very ones Ivanka’s father scorned at a rally a few days ago for looking down on him even though he has “a much better apartment” and is “smarter” and “richer” — were shaking their well-coiffed heads over the fall of the first daughter. Why had she stayed mute for so many days about the torment her father was inflicting on thousands of immigrant children? What will happen to her if Michael Cohen flips? Did she know she was as out as an outcast Edith Wharton character, doomed never to return to her privileged perch as a Manhattan society darling? “It’s really easy for someone whose sole job in theWhite House is women and children to issue a statement — even Melania did it,” Emily Jane Fox said in an interview after her new book, “Born Trump,” was celebrated by her editors atVanity Fair on Tuesday night at the Ludlow House.
*LBN-VIDEO LINK: Norah Jones – Live At LPR, NY
*LBN-COMMENTARY by Natalia Winkelman: This week, The New Yorker film critic Anthony Lane published a review that referenced the need to ice his raging boner. The movie in question was the highly tantalizing Incredibles 2, and the apple of Lane’s eye was none other than its celebrated star, Mrs. Helen Incredible. Lane’s review reads like misguided satire, opening with his fantasy about the Incredible couple spending “a lazy afternoon in the marital boudoir with the door discreetly shut.” Later, he drools over “the husky-voiced Evelyn” and Helen’s “black mask, her long tall boots, and her empowering outfit, as tight as a second skin,” apparently oblivious to the irony of processing the “empowering” costume through a hearty male gaze. And then, most bizarrely, Lane shouts out to all the horny daddies of the world—just like, you know, the one who could only make it through the movie after he “rested his cooling soda firmly in his lap and, like Mr. Incredible, tried very hard to think of algebra.” The review has been widely mocked on Twitter for its salacious overtones, made all the more kooky given Elastigirl’s status as an animated cartoon. But even if you interpret Lane’s assessment as an ill-conceived attempt at humor, this isn’t the first time he has been censured for objectifying takes on women.
*LBN-COMMENTARY by Rex Reed (Famed movie critic):
Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom
Most sequels, prequels and remakes have some vague reason for justifying their existence. Not the Jurassic Park-Jurassic World franchise. They just keep on coming for no other purpose than to cash in on a proven formula marketed for undemanding audiences who just can’t get enough of T-Rexes and flying pterodactyls, and are always willing to plunk down more hard-earned money to scream their way through another excess of what they’ve already seen before. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the latest installment, has more dinosaurs, more screams, and more general chaos, but doesn’t make a single move to explore a fresh idea or add a new slant on a tired old formula. As brainless summer-escapism movies go, this one can’t go fast enough.
*LBN-A DIFFERENT VIEW:….
*LBN-OVERHEARD: ***Brigitte Nielsen says she has given birth at age 54. The model, actress and reality star and her 39-year-old husband Mattia Dessi released a statement to Peoplemagazine Saturday saying their daughter Frida was bornFriday in Los Angeles and weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces. It’s the fifth child but first daughter for Nielsen, who has four adult sons from previous marriages. She married Dessi, her fifth husband, in 2006. ***Johnny Depp, the star of “Pirates of the Caribbean,’’ was blown out of the water by a judge who refused to let him delay his $25 million lawsuit against his former business manager. The decision by an LA judge is bad news for the mega-buckaneer. Deadline noted that the ruling came soon after a lengthy profile ran in Rolling Stone’magazine, which focused on Depp’s financial and legal problems. The site says that The Management Group, run by Depp’s business manager, Joel Mandel and his brother,Robert, is being sued by the actor for negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud. ***When power women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred was roasted at the Friars Club in Manhattan on Thursday, the results were “filthy and hilarious,” a guest said — as the tables were turned and the dais was filled by all women (in pantsuits) for the first time ever. A guest told us roastmaster Judy Gold “pointed out Harvey Weinsteinwas originally supposed to be roasted this year. So she would open with the joke she would’ve opened with on him: ‘Nice tits.’ That brought the house down.” There were jokes galore about the men Allred has brought cases against. “One joke was about trying to teach Gloria how to use Tinder,” said the spy. “Gloria swipes and says, ‘Sued him, sued him, sued him, sued him, sued him, sued him.’” ***Roseanne Barr broke down in tears after posting her racist tweet, saying she may be a loud mouth but she would never knowingly call a black person a disparaging term … despite comparing Obama‘s adviserValerie Jarrett to an ape. Barr’s comments came just 2 days after her infamous tweet in late May, on Rabbi Shmuley‘s podcast. The Rabbi did not immediately release it. Barr says she knew what the fallout would be … that she would lose everything. She admits she was wrong but insists she would never “wittingly” say such thinks about African Americans. ***Tomi Lahren says civility is dead — on the Left — because she’d never treat someone the way Sarah Huckabee Sandersgot treated at a Virginia restaurant … not even Colin Kaepernick. We got the FOX News contributor at LAXSaturday, and she slams the recent trend of conservatives being booted from restaurants due to their political allegiances. Tomi backs up her take with a hypothetical scenario of being seated next to the unsigned NFL QB and how she’d handle it. She says, “Even though everyone knows I vehemently disagree with everything he says he stands for” … she claims she’d walk up to Kaep, shake his hand, and the 2 would have a good convo.
LBN E-Lert Edited By Renee Preston