WIN THE RACE – READ LBN:
David Petraeus, Secretary of State Candidate, Meets With Trump:
LBN-INVESTIGATES: Nearly 100,000 Somali refugees have been admitted into the United States since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, including 9,020 during fiscal year 2016 and 1,352 last month alone. More than 99 percent of those refugees areMuslims, reflecting the religious makeup of Somalia’s population, which is almost entirely Muslim, predominantly Sunni. Figures for November are not yet available. The State Department’s Refugee Processing Center database was down on Monday – but between the al-Qaeda terror attacks in September 2001 and October 31 this year, 98,799 Somali refugees had been resettled in the U.S. The largest numbers of Somali refugees arriving in the country since 9/11 have been settled in Minnesota (almost 16,000) and Ohio (more than 7,500), with sizeable communities also in Texas, New York and Arizona. Monday’s attack on the Ohio State University campus in Columbus, Ohio, was carried out by a student who, according to law enforcement officials, was a Somali refugee who came to the U.S. in 2014, after living for several years in Pakistan.
75 Dead in Colombia Plane Crash:
Trump Taps Rep. Tom Price to Lead HHS:
Newly Identified Pearl Harbor Victims’ Remains Returned to Families:
NEW CABINET PICK: Elaine Chao, who was the secretary of Labor under George W. Bush and the assistant secretary of Transportation in the administration of President George H.W. Bush, will be named Transportation secretary by President-elect Donald Trump, according an official with the transition. An official announcement is expected later Tuesday. Chao is married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.
Texas to Require Burial of Fetal Remains:
Park Geun-hye, Embattled South Korean President, Says She’s Willing to Resign:
LBN-NOTICED: ***Judd Apatow and wife Leslie Mannbackstage at “Chris Gethard: Career Suicide” at the Lynn Redgrave Theater in NYC. ***Clive Davis at Myles Chefetz’s Prime 112 in Miami. ***Rudy Giuliani at Babette’s in East Hampton, a favorite of Bill Clinton’s, where pictures of Hillaryline the walls. ***Alec Baldwin at Highway Restaurant & Bar in the Hamptons. ***Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, Calif.. ***Chris Evans at Gowings Bar & Grill in Sydney. ***Ethan Hawke had a reunion with his “Reality Bites” co-star Winona Ryder over two decades later at a screening of his movie “Born To Be Blue.” Ryder showed up to the after-party at the Django in Tribeca in NYC on Sunday to support Hawke when he snuck up on her. ***Veteran reality TV show producer, Tony Dimondeating ice cream at 3 Twins Ice Cream on Main Street in Santa Monica. ***Prominent entertainment industry asset manager, Brad Herman having dinner at the Galley on Main Street in Santa Monica.
LBN-R.I.P.: ***Joe Esposito, who was Elvis Presley’s right-hand man, close friend and road manager for nearly two decades, died on Wednesday at his home in Calabasas, Calif. He was 78. The cause was complications of dementia, his daughter Cindy Bahr said.
· The word “yoga” is derived from the Sanskrit root yuj meaning to yoke or join together. It most often refers to the yoking of a conscious subject (jiva-atman) with a Supreme Spirit (parama ta man) in order to reach an ecstatic condition (Samadhi, a “placing or putting together”). It is derived from the Proto-Indo-European base *yeug-, meaning “to join” as in jugular.
· A 2008 market study in Yoga Journal reports that some 16 million Americans practice yoga and spend $5.7 billion a year on gear.
· “Doga” is a type of yoga in which people use yoga to achieve harmony with their pets. Dogs can either be used as props for their owners or they can do the stretches themselves. It reportedly started in New York in 2002 when Suzi Teitelman started “Yoga for Dogs.”
· The swastika is a yoga symbol that comes from the Sanskrit term Svastik, meaning “that which is associated with well-being.”
· Hatha yoga is the type of yoga most frequently practiced in Western culture. Ha means “sun” and tha means “moon,” representing hatha yoga’s attempt to combine both complementary forces.
The sound of “OM” encompasses all words and all sounds in human language
· The yoga symbol “Om” is found in Hindu and Tibetan philosophy. It is said to be the primordial sound of the universe and is connected to the Ajna Chakra (the conscience) or “third eye” region.
· Aaron Star teaches “Hot Nude Yoga” in a Chelsea studio. The classes are men-only, and there are only two rules: “no kissing and no touching penises.”
· Yoga can improve orgasms. When a person has an orgasm, the pelvic floor muscles that run between the legs rapidly contract. In yoga, the pelvic floor muscles are known as moola bandha. Yoga strengthens them, providing benefits similar to Kegel exercises.
· Pierre Bernard (1875-1955), also known as the “Omnipotent Oom,” was one of the first prolific American yogis. He founded the Tantrik Order, a secret society which taught its initiates Hatha yoga, philosophy, and Sanskrit and which also sanctioned sacramental sex.
· An Indian study claims that yoga can help premature ejaculation (PE).
Celebrity Dentist Dr. Jay Grossman States His Concerns for the Drug Triclosan Found in Toothpaste Amid FDA Ban:
Dr. Jay Grossman, http://www.drjaydds.com/ speaks on the topic of using the controversial antibacterial chemical, triclosan, amid the Food and Drug Administration’s ban in using it in hand soaps. While it is not allowed in soaps, the F.D.A. was convinced by the bestselling toothpaste brand, Colgate Total, that the benefit of triclosan outweighs any risk. In a New York Times article, Andrea Fischer, an FDA spokesperson stated that, “triclosan has demonstrated to be an effective component in reducing plaque and gingivitis,” based in large part on a Colgate study done in 1977, and the balance of benefit and risk was favorable to use this ingredient in soaps and toothpastes. It is the opinion of Dr. Jay Grossman, that the efficacy of its possible antimicrobial properties, may be outweighed by its possible role in disrupting hormonal development. Although the Colgate study sites a significant reduction in gingivitis, independent reviews, such as those done by the Cochrane group, state that the benefits may not be clinically significant.
Colin Broderick’s First Feature Film “Emerald City” to Premiere After Success in The London Irish Film Festival 2016
Colin Broderick’s first feature film “Emerald City” tells the tale of a hard living crew of aging Irish construction workers in NYC and of one character in particular who may have found a way out. Pat Mack, played by the comedic theatrical actor, John Keating, lives in the Irish enclave of Woodlawn, Yonkers, with his wife and two kids. His Manhattan based construction business is teetering on the brink, but his personal life might be in worse shape that that. Meanwhile on the job he is trying to rally a crew of Irish misfits who might be well be unemployable were it not for his misguided sense of cultural commitment to each of them. Emerald City is co-produced by Brendan Coyle(Mr Bates on Downton Abbey), Don Cisternino of MagnifiCo Inc. and Sid Levin of TLA Talent and Literary Agency. Brendan Coyle reached out to Broderick after seeing a short movie “Smile” he’d made on You Tube a few years ago. The two bonded further after realizing that they shared the same background: Coyle’s father grew up in Tyrone just a few miles from Broderick’s home place. Don Cisternino met Colin Broderick through their mutual friend John Duddy, who is currently an actor represented by Hollywood Agent Sid Levin of TLA. MagnifiCo and TLA joined forces earlier this year to create a boutique talent and literary agency with a global reach.
Chaired by US Chief Justice Earl Warren, the Warren Commission was appointed by US President Lyndon B. Johnson to investigate the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the shooting of his assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. After months of investigation, it reported that Kennedy was killed by Oswald’s rifle shots from the Texas School Book Depository and that Oswald’s murder by Jack Ruby was not part of a conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy.
LBN-SPOTLIGHT: “Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.” —– www.TheExcelCommunity.com
LBN-COMMENTARY by Leah Remini (Actress): Yes. Scientology is a brainwashing proposition from the very first book that you read in [church doctrine] Dianetics, where L. RonHubbard positions himself as a college-educated person, which he wasn’t; a nuclear physicist, which he wasn’t; and a decorated military man, which he wasn’t. Also important is that he claims that Scientology and Dianetics is a proven science. So when you’re indoctrinated when you’re very young, as I was, and all the information that you receive is from Scientology, and you’re not allowed to look at other things because you’re penalized for doing that, yes, that is the way cults work. They cut you off from information from the outside world and they start to sequester you by saying everybody else is your enemy. That is another way that cults work. It satisfies all the checkmarks for what a cult is and what brainwashing is.
LBN E-Lert Edited By Addison Beaulieu
LBN E-Lert Disclaimer: 1.) The LBN E-Lert accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. The LBN E-Lert is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.