*Top Dem: Obama ‘Should Have Done a Lot More’ on Russia
Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, rebuked the Obama administration on Sunday for not doing enough to counter Russian meddling in the U.S. election. “I think the Obama administration should have done a lot more when it became clear that not only was Russia intervening but it was being directed at the highest levels of the Kremlin,” Schiff said on CNN’s State of the Union. The Washington Post reported on Friday that the Obama administration was hesitant to act on and speak publicly about information it was receiving about Russia’s efforts to interfere in the election.
*THINK FREELY – READ LBN:
*Israel Nixes Plan for Mixed-Gender Prayer Spaces at Western Wall
Israel has suspended plans for a mix-gender prayer area at the Western Wall in Jerusalem. Reform Jews wanted the changes to go into effect, but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sided with Orthodox Jews in halting the implementation of the plan. “Today’s decision signifies a retreat from that agreement and will make our work to bring Israel and the Jewish world together increasingly more difficult,” saidNatan Sharansky, the chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel. The prayer spaces at the wall have been separated by gender for centuries.
*WHO READS LBN? Singer Carly Simon:
Living Life Like A Complete Unknown | The Excel Community —– When planning your path to success, it’s important to start with a focused target. But even a target without a written plan can leave you high and dry. Is your plan floating in your head, is it complacent, or is it waiting to be executed? If you don’t have a plan, the universe will create one for you, although you may or may not like that plan. https://youtu.be/vmTR_4rR8Mc
· In the United States, approximately 7% of households are millionaires.
· A 2010 study argues that millionaires (those in the top 1% of earners) pay approximately 40% of all taxes in the United States.
· According to the book The Millionaire Next Door, only 20% of millionaires inherited their wealth. The other 80% earned their cash on their own.
· The preferred car of millionaires is a Ford. Cadillacs are second and Lincolns are third. Many millionaires avoid high-priced cars in favor of a more economical set of wheels because cars are investments with little return.
· Only 20% of millionaires are retirees. Around 80% still go to work.
· Just 17% of millionaires or their spouses attended a private elementary or high school. However, 55% of millionaires’ children have attended/are attending private schools
· The average millionaire goes bankrupt at least 3.5 times.
· Many millionaires think that the ideal occupations for their kids are accountants or attorneys. Tax advisers and estate planning experts are also in the top of the list.
· Most modern American millionaires today (about 80%) are first-generation millionaires. Usually the fortune they build will dissipate by the second or third generation.
· Those with Russian ancestry have the highest concentration of millionaire households in America. The Scottish rank second and Hungarians rank third. English ancestry groups rank fourth. The Russian American millionaire group has approximately $1.1 trillion, or nearly 5% of all the personal wealth in America.
*DID YOU KNOW? Did you know that eleven (11) members of the Dallas Cowboy staff read LBN daily?
*LBN-VIDEO LINK: Oldest footage of New York City ever —- The oldest and most incredible footage of New York City ever, including where the WTC would be built. With added maps carefully researched to show where the camera was. 28 shots of classic footage with a new twist and a new soundtrack. https://youtu.be/AQR-HKzESsM
*LBN-COMMENTARY by Maureen Dowd: You know who is really sick and tired of Donald Trump winning, to the point where they beg, “Please, Mr. President, sir, it’s too much”? Democrats. The Democrats just got skunked four to nothing in races they excitedly thought they could win because everyone they hang with hates Trump. If Trump is the Antichrist, as they believe, then Georgia was going to be a cakewalk, and Nancy Pelosi was going to be installed as speaker before the midterms by acclamation. But it turned into another soul-sucking disappointment. “It’s Trump four and us zero,” says the Democratic congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio. “I don’t want to admit that. When it comes out of my mouth, it bothers me. But Trump does robo calls. He tweets. He talks about the races. He motivates his base, and he moves the needle, and that’s a problem for us. Guys, we’re still doing something wrong here because a) he’s president and b) we’re still losing to his candidates.”
*LBN-A DIFFERENT VIEW:….