LBN- Special Report- Saturday

*Ex-Trump Policy Chief Renounces Him:

Donald Trump’s former policy coordinator has released a statement renouncing the Republican nominee in the wake of a damning video released Friday. “Under no circumstances will I support Donald Trump for president,” Pratik Chougule wrote. Chougule then took it a step further and said he wished he’d never joined Trump’s campaign in the first place. “I regret my decision last April to join the campaign as policy coordinator. Although I left the campaign in August for a variety of reasons, I wish that I had done so sooner and spoken out more forcefully against a candidate who embodies the worst excesses of our culture,” he said. Chougule is just the latest to jump ship after a damning video surfaced on Friday in which Trump made sleazy, vulgar comments about women.

*De Niro on Trump: ‘He’s So Blatantly Stupid’:

Robert de Niro said he’d like to punch Donald Trump in the face in a new video released Friday night. The video, filmed as part of a “Get Out The Vote” campaign, was obtained by Fox News and broadcast on The Kelly File. “He’s so blatantly stupid,” de Niro can be seen saying of the Republican nominee. “He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig, he’s a con, a bullshit artist,” he added. “A mutt who doesn’t know what he’s talking about, doesn’t do his homework, doesn’t care, thinks he’s gaming society, doesn’t pay his taxes,” he said. “He talks how he’d like to punch people in the face?” De Niro said. “Well, I’d like to punch him in the face.” De Niro’s comments were so strong that his clip reportedly didn’t make the cut into the ad campaign.

*Trump: ‘I Said It, I Was Wrong, And I Apologize.’:

“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I am not. I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video, are one of them,” Donald Trump said, in a videotaped message posted to Facebook, on Friday night. “I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.” Trump’s somber statement came more than eight hours after The Washington Post published audio and video of the Republican nominee from 2005, in which he bragged that his stardom allowed him to “anything” he wanted to women, including, “grab them by the pussy.” In that time, Republican Party leadership—including Speaker Paul Ryanand Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus—condemned his words, but notably did not retract their support for his candidacy. In his apology, Trump said that his experience campaigning for the presidency has “changed me” and promised “to be a better man tomorrow and will never, ever let you down.” But he also dismissed the story as a “distraction” from more serious issues and notably did not apologize for the inappropriate, if not criminal, behavior his words suggested he engaged in.

*Paul Ryan Bans Trump From Event:

House Speaker Paul Ryan disinvited Donald Trump from his Wisconsin event scheduled to take place on Saturday in light ofthe GOP nominee’s lewd and sexually explicit comments about women that were revealed in a video obtained by The Washington Post on Friday. “I am sickened by what I heard today. Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified,” Ryan said. “I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than the clip suggests.” According to a statement from the Trump campaign, his vice presidential pick Mike Pence will replace him at the event. The fallout is continuing for Trump over the remarks, as prominent Republicans are calling on him to drop out of the presidential race. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus decried the comments, and others are piling on.

*Russia Protests UN Condemnation of Trump:

Russia reportedly complained to the United Nations last month about criticisms of Donald Trump launched by the organization’s high commissioner for human rights. Diplomats say Vitaly Churkin, the Russian ambassador to the UN, spoke with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in private about it. Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein, the human-rights commissioner, strongly denounced Trump and European populist politicians, comparing their strategies to those employed by ISIS. “In what may be a critical election for leadership of this country later this year, we have seen a full-frontal attack—disguised as courageous taboo-busting—on some fundamental, hard-won tenets of decency and social cohesion that have come to be accepted by American society,” he said. The type of complaint Churkin made, dubbed a “demarche,” rarely focuses on a specific person, and is notable in the context of Russia’s continued praise of the GOP nominee.

*German Police Raid Apartment After Bombing Tip-Off:
German police raided an apartment in the eastern city of Chemnitz on Saturday after receiving information of a bomb plot. A nearby house was also evacuated, according to local media. In a message on Twitter, Saxony police warned residents in the area to stay indoors. “Please remain in your apartments within the cordoned off area and follow the instructions of the police here and on site,” the police said. No further details on the suspects were provided, nor on when and where the attack was planned. But police apparently used force to enter the premises. “The explosion heard was an access measure by the police. A relevant person could not be found,” police told residents.

*2 Suicide Bombers Strike Ankara:
Two suicide bombers detonated themselves Saturday during a police operation in Ankara. There were no immediate reports of casualties among police, though the suspects, a man and a woman, both died in the blast, local media reported. Ankara governor Ercan Topaca said police were also searching for a third suspect in the attack, and that the suspects had “interestingly” hung a Turkish flag on the vehicle that was blown up with a car bomb. Topaca blamed the attack on the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, a group deemed a terrorist organization by Turkey that has been periodically waging attacks on security forces in the region in recent months.

*Pence Dodges Questions About Trump Video:

Vice presidential candidate Mike Pence ignored questions from reporters Friday night about a controversial video of Donald Trump making explicit remarks about women. Several reporters at a campaign rally in Ohio asked Pence to comment on the video, but he offered only silence in response, ABC News reported. Shortly afterward, speaking at a rally in Rossford, Pence described his running mate as a “winner” who is “stronger than ever.” The Indiana governor railed against the media. “Invariably, they’ll say, this time we got him.  This time we found that there’s another tweet come out or something,” Pence said. “This time we got another thing, another issue that’s come forward.  Then they turn on the next television the next morning, and Donald Trump is still standing stronger than ever before and fighting for the American people.  And he is going to fight all the way to the White House.”

*LBN- IN A DIFFERENT VIEW…

LBN E-Lert Edited By Addison BeaulieuLBN E-Lert Disclaimer: 1.) The LBN E-Lert accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. The LBN E-Lert is not associated with any commercial or political organization and is transmitted via the web for the sole benefit of its subscribers. 2.) Unfortunately, computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.